Mariri Magazine is a young magazine with a big vision - to leverage Web 2.0 technologies for rainforest education, conservation, and the advancement of indigenous peoples.
We are entirely supported by individuals who love the rainforest. A big thank you everyone who helped Mariri Magazine get started!
But the work is not over.
- Every day the world loses 100 species per day from tropical deforestation, some of which have never been studied or catalogued.
- Every day we lose the equivalent of 86,400 football fields of rainforest to human activities
- Almost 90% of the world's poorest people (approximately 1.9 billion) depend on forests for their livelihood, making sustainable development the most important aspect of rainforest conservation over coming decades.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Operating a web magazine is a lot of work and technology costs keep adding up. As we grow, we want to add more exciting features to enhance your experience of the rainforest through Mariri Magazine, but we can't do this without your financial support.
To make a donation, click on the button below
We are looking for experienced, creative, self-motivated, and reliable professional interns to help take Mariri Magazine to the next level. Below is a summary of internship openings and responsibilities
- You have intermediate to expert knowledge of joomla, or are highly proficient with content management systems
- You can hack css and html with confidence
- You know php
- You can easily resolve back end issues involving security, permissions, file directory paths, etc.
- You are familiar with the latest Web 2.0 technologies, or are interested in learning
Editors / Staff Writers
- Work with the freelance writers, seek new freelance writers, edit articles, source images
- Create a blog entry at least once a week
- Write at least 1 feature article per issue
- Write book reviews
- Interview conservation luminaries and expertly present their stories, as well as critical issues in rainforest conservation
Web and graphic designers
- Source free stock images and create compelling graphics for magazine pages
- Identify compelling audio and video content and integrate this content into the magazine pages
- Help make Mariri Magazine a National Geographic of the rainforest
If any of these positions sounds exciting to you, and you are reliable, responsive by email, skype and telephone, and are capable of meeting deadlines, please contact us at: info (a) mariri.net